|Position:||Volunteer Assistant Coach|
Juan Florez, who competed for the Matadors during the 1987 season, is in his sixth season as volunteer assistant coach for the Matadors. He has also been an assistant at CSUN in the past and was most recently the head coach of the Los Angeles Blues of the United Soccer League (USL PRO). Florez will be in charge of the offense.
"Juan is very well known in the soccer community for developing youth talent to play at the highest level and he helped run our offense in 2005 when we made the NCAA Tournament," said CSUN men's soccer head coach Terry Davila. "He is very good with the players in bringing out their potential, which is a reason our team had the second-ranked scoring offense in 2003."
As a player at CSUN, Florez collected 30 points in his lone season with the Matadors. He scored 10 goals and added 10 assists on the year as Northridge advanced to the NCAA Division II National Championship match.
As a Coach
-1996 to 1998 San Fernando Valley Eagles – Head Coach
(Playoffs 2 years )
-2007, 2008 San Fernando Valley Quakes – Head Coach (First place conference both years)
-2012 LA Blues – Assistant Coach.
-2012 LA Blues – Head Coach
-1992 assistant coach at CSUN
-2000 to 2006 Men’s offensive assistant coach (2005 Number 1 offense in NCAA)
-2013 Men’s offensive assistant coach
- AYSO / Sherman Oaks, Balboa, Mission Hills, Granada Hills
– Train All star teams, coaching clinics, player clinics.
- WVSL / Director of coaching
- Club soccer – Valley United, LA Force, Rovers SC, Samba, Real SOCAL, North Valley Soccer Club.
- 2008-2012 Sierra Canyon Schools – Head of soccer
As A Player
- 1983 Glendale College (state champions / 1st team defense)
- 1987 CSUN (NCAA runners up)
- 1988 Professional Reserve teams:
Club Millonarios / Bogota,Colombia
Club America / Cali, Colombia