M/W Soccer, W. Volleyball Success Helps Gomatadors.com Reach Greater Heights
By Bob Vazquez, Assistant Athletic Director (Media Relations)
Northridge, Calif. – The on-the-field success of men's and women's soccer, and women's volleyball during the 2012 Fall campaign has helped CSUN's athletic website, Gomatadors.com, draw record numbers for a third straight month.
During the month of October, Total Hits reached 5,492,446 to surpass the previous record of 5,300,519 set during the previous month of September.
The success of men's soccer (#14 national ranking, 13-5 record, first place in the Big West Conference), women's soccer (9-4-6 record, Big West semifinalist), and women's volleyball (16-8 record, third place in the BWC) has certainly played a pivotal role in the rising interest of those three Fall sports.
There were a total of 178,735 visitors to the CSUN website in October, 2012, easily surpassing the old record of 156,831 visitors in March, 2012.
Men's soccer (#1 in Total Hits), women's soccer (#4 in Total Hits) and women's volleyball (#5 in Total Hits) in 2012, played significant roles in the number of Visitors and Total Hits among the 16 CSUN sports in October, 2012.
In September, 2011, Cal State Northridge moved its athletics website from CBS Sports to Presto Sports. During those 13 months, the average number of Total Hits per month has averaged 3,763,172.
Below is the TOTAL number of Total Hits and Visitors in October (2012) since Cal State Northridge Athletics moved to Presto Sports in September (2011).
Matador Memo …
The power of the Internet … In the past three months, Gomatadors.com has set new Total Hits records in each of those months (August, September, October) … In August, there was a then record 4,402,386 Total Hits followed by a then record 5,300,519 Total Hits in September, followed by the current record 5,492,446 Total Hits in October, 2012 … With the start of the men's and women's basketball season, Total Visits and Total Hits are expected to rise even higher ... Believe it or not, 128 countries have accessed gomatadors.com … The top five countries include the United States, China, Canada, Spain and Germany ... Other countries have included Sierra Leone, Cambodia, Ghana, Aruba and Senegal.
October, 2012 – 178,735 Visits; 5,492,446 Total Hits
1. Men's Soccer (6,371 hits)
2. Baseball (4,098 hits)
3. Men's Basketball (3,919 hits)
4. Women's Soccer (3,658 hits)
5. Women's Volleyball (3,259 hits)
6. Men's Volleyball (3,030 hits)
7. Softball (2,911 hits)
8. Women's Basketball (1,797 hits)
9. Men's Cross Country (1,221 hits)
10. Men's Golf (1,181 hits)
11. Men's Track & Field (1,170 hits)
12. Women's Water Polo (1,128 hits)
13. Women's Golf (770 hits)
14. Women's Tennis (752 hits)
15. Women's Cross Country (741 hits)
16. Women's Track & Field (738 hits)
Total Number of Hits on Gomatadors.com (September, 2011 through October, 2012)
1. Baseball (69,413 hits)
2. Men's Basketball (45.459 hits)
3. Men's Soccer (39,238 hits)
4. Softball (29,509 hits)
5. Men's Volleyball (28,621 hits)
6. Women's Volleyball (24,850 hits)
7. Women's Soccer (24,253 hits)
8. Women's Basketball (22,410 hits)
9. Men's Track & Field (17,856 hits)
10. Women's Water Polo (13,220 hits)
11. Women's Track & Field (11,020 hits)
12. Women's Tennis (8,682 hits)
13. Men's Golf (8,176 hits)
14. Men's Cross Country (7,260 hits)
15. Women's Golf (7,178 hits)
16. Women's Cross Country (6,048 hits)