Cal State Northridge-Pacific Postgame Notes
Northridge Women's Basketball Postgame Notes
Cal State Northridge 70, Pacific 76
January 2, 2010
The Matadors' loss against the Tigers
· Drops Head Coach Staci Schultz's career record to 34-93
· Makes the Matadors 8-13 all-time against Pacific
· Gives CSUN a 374-577 all-time record
· The Matadors played their first overtime game of the season.
· With 2:15 remaining in the second half, the Matadors trailed 60-53. For the remainder of the half and into opening 1:04 of the overtime period, the Matadors outscored the Tigers 11-1 to take a 64-61 advantage.
· The Tigers outscored the Matadors 12-0 over a 3:41 stretch of overtime to flip a 64-61 deficit into a 73-64 lead.
· The Matadors grabbed a season high in team rebounds with 53.
· CSUN hit 28 field goals, a new season high.
· Bridgette Conejo's 12 points is her 10th career double-figure game.
· Analee Viena-Lota set a new season high in rebounds with nine.
· Felicia Walker set new career highs in rebounds with seven, blocks with two, steals with one and played a season high 14 minutes. She also matched her career mark with four points.
· Anna Simmons tied her career high with three points scored.
· Violet Alama tied her career mark of four points.
· Tiger sophomore Christina Thompson led her team in scoring with 23 points, which is a new career high for the forward. Thompson also hit a career high 11 free throws and tied her previous high with six field goals made.