Feb. 28, 2011
NORTHRIDGE, Calif. - The Cal State Northridge women's tennis team (7-6) lost 6-1 to BYU-Hawai'i on Feb. 26 in the Matadors' final match in Honolulu. Only sophomore Maria Pistalu was able to earn a point against the Seasiders, who compete at the NCAA Division II level.
The last of CSUN's four matches in Oahu was a tough loss for the Matadors, who had won the earlier three matches.
Pistalu won her No. 4 sinlges match in straight sets to capture the Northridge's only point on the day.
The Matadors return to the court Mar. 5 with a home contest against UC Santa Barbara at noon.
1. Annie Hwang, BYUH def. Brooke Doane, CSUN 6-0, 6-0
2. #2 Yuan Jia, BYUH def. Jennifer Sher, CSUN 6-4, 5-7, (10-5)
3. #3 Elwen Li Boud, BYUH def. Nigora Sirojiddinova, CSUN 6-3, ret.
4. Maria Pistalu, CSUN def. Sasha Ulbrichtova, BYUH 6-3, 6-0
5. Shawni Porter, BYUH def. Lorraine Cheung, CSUN 6-4, 6-1
6. Salina Aranda, BYUH def. Sabrina Man-Son-Hing, CSUN 6-4, 6-2
1. #2 Boud/Jia, BYUH def. Doane/Pistalu, CSUN 9-7
2. Sher/Man-Son-Hing, CSUN def. Hwang/Aranda, BYUH 8-1
3. Porter/Ulbrichtova, BYUH def. Cheung/Sirijddinova, CSUN 9-8(3)